DRS_Todo: Convert_wireshark_drsuapi_to_pidl

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Mar 7 20:14:23 MST 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-08 at 04:06 +0200, Kamen Mazdrashki wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 00:35, Kamen Mazdrashki <kamen.mazdrashki at postpath.com> wrote:
> >
> > DsAddEntry and DsGetDomainControllerInfo are left untouched, as it
> > turns
> > out those method will require some effort.
> > I will send separate patches for them later.
> >

> Work in progress for DsAddEntry RPC call refactoring can be found at:
> http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/kamenim.git/shortlog/refs/heads/drsuapi-idl-DsAddEntry
>
> I've taken the approach of 'slightly' changing of what we have currently
> (DsAddEntryReply V2 structure is not exactly the same as in WSPP for
> that matter, but follows the approach taken initially)
>
> Good thing about this is that source code changes should be as minimal as
> possible.
> The bad thing is that it will be not so easy to follow IDL description
> and WSPP documentation if someone needs to.
>
> Please, let me know if you have concerns about this?

I think we should move closer to the WSPP docs, but this is much more
your area than mine.  Big renames do cause trouble, but the risk is
highest when someone who doesn't know the protocol does it.  Your
background makes it much less likely that renames will cause issues.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.