Need a change to the ACL code

Nadezhda Ivanova nivanova at samba.org
Sun Mar 7 17:09:49 MST 2010

Hi Andrew,
I still do not see this as a use case, because during object creation, no
per-attribute access checks are performed, all we care about is whether we
can add the new object or not, which is specified in the descriptor of the
parent. Per-attribute access is only checked on modify and search
operations. It does not make any sense to check on add, as we actually do
not have the new object's security descriptor. I will, however, make some
tests tomorrow to see what happens if a user is forbidden by an inheritable
ACE to modify an attribute, and then create an object that has this
attribute. It may be a case I have missed.

Regards,
Nadya