samba_dnsupdate

tridge at samba.org tridge at samba.org
Sat Mar 6 15:25:50 MST 2010

Hi Anton,

 > When i first tryed it on my centos 5.4 box, i got this error http://de.pastebin.ca/1812626
 > then installed the dnspython package from  http://www.dnspython.org/.

Andrew and I have now added the dnspython package to
scripting/python/samba_external/. It gets auto-installed in the Samba
python tree if you don't have it already on your system.

We think this is probably the best approach to use in future for
python library dependencies in Samba that are not commonly installed.

 > Now when i try to run the script, it starts, but i get this error
 > insted.
 > dns_tkey_buildgssquery failed: ran out of space
 > dns_tkey_buildgssquery failed: ran out of space
 > dns_tkey_buildgssquery failed: ran out of space
 > dns_tkey_buildgssquery failed: ran out of space

That's an error message from the bind9 client code (part of the
nsupdate tool). What version of bind9 do you have? If it is older than
9.6.1, would you mind testing with a newer version and see if that
helps?

Cheers, Tridge