s4 provision with ol fails (bugzilla.samba 7040?)

Oliver Liebel oliver at itc.li
Fri Mar 5 11:28:32 MST 2010

Am 05.03.2010 11:29, schrieb Andrew Bartlett:
> On Wed, 2010-03-03 at 11:48 +0100, Oliver Liebel wrote:
>
>> and the next one (only ol 2.4.21):
>> i have temporarily adjusted the rids in provisionbackend.py to 500+  to
>> test ist again.
>> if --ol-mmr-urls are commited during provision, slapd fails to startup:
>>
> The best way I've found to debug this is to change the -d0 to -d-1 in
> the provisionbackend.py.  Perhaps we should have this done
> automatically, and try starting it up again?
>
> Andrew Bartlett

hi andrew

thanks for your response. starting slapd up again would not change anything.
as i wrote in my last mail (new thread:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2010-March/069827.html)

i have already debugged the cause of the error when slapd tries to start
up.
please see below:

> starting slapd manual in debug mode with the generated slapd.d, the
> raised error shows that the
> built and provided string to start slapd is wrong (must be slapd.d
> instead of slapd.conf):
> ---
> > ldif_read_file: Not a directory for
> "/usr/local/samba/private/ldap/slapd.conf/cn=config.ldif"

so the ldap-uri is somewhere substituted  wrong in provisionbackend.py.
theres nothing
wrong with slapd itself.

i try to figure out where the wrong substitution is made and fix it.

and there is a bug in the calculated mmr-rid's too, i will fix this also.

we should close this thread -as provision is working now-
and continue
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2010-March/069827.html.

thanks,
oliver