DRS_Todo: Convert_wireshark_drsuapi_to_pidl

Kamen Mazdrashki kamen.mazdrashki at postpath.com
Fri Mar 5 01:59:54 MST 2010

Hi Metze,

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 09:34, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher <metze at samba.org> wrote:

> No, small patches are much easier to review.
> I think you could also split the patch in an idl change and a caller
> change patch (and where needed a caller change for source3)

OK, will split them further.

> http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/kamenim.git/commitdiff/3ff0894329b9155222be4b
> b900ca4a98751d898b
>         struct dom_sid null_sid;
> -       int32_t level_out;
> +       uint32_t level_out;
>         struct {
>                 int32_t level;
>         } array[] = {
>
> int32_t level should also be uint32_t now.

Haven't noticed that (I was counting on the compiler to catch those for me ;)

> However I'm not sure changing everything to uint32_t is correct?
> What does the Microsoft say?

Microsoft says -> "dwVersion" params are DWORD, which is "unsigned long".

> http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/kamenim.git/commitdiff/1eeedb1dc5b903180f5c3a
> 6edd005aa252bfc432
>                 DRSUAPI_DC_CONNECTION_CTR_01 = -1
>         } drsuapi_DsGetDCInfoCtrLevels;
>
> -        typedef [switch_type(int32)] union {
> +        typedef [switch_type(uint32)] union {
>
> Shouldn't the be type be drsuapi_DsGetDCInfoCtrLevels here?

hm... yes perhaps.
But how to mark that the enum is "uint32" in size?
Aren't enums 16 signed ints by default?
drsuapi_DsGetDCInfoCtrLevels is marked as 'v1_enum', but this
means that it is transmitted as 32-bit int, not that it is represented as such?

> Also notice there's a signed value DRSUAPI_DC_CONNECTION_CTR_01 = -1

It seems I need to convert all those signed flags to unsigned also?
MS defines this flag as 0xFFFFFFFF.

Thanks a *lot* for your review!
How comes you never miss a thing (what's the secret?).

--
CU,
Kamen Mazdrashki
kamen.mazdrashki at postpath.com