DRS_Todo: Convert_wireshark_drsuapi_to_pidl

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Fri Mar 5 00:34:27 MST 2010

Kamen Mazdrashki schrieb:
> I've started little clean up for drsuapi.idl in order
> to make Wireshark dissector generation easier.
>
> Few patches with 'cosmetic' changes are published at:
> http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/kamenim.git/shortlog/refs/heads/drsuapi-idl
>
> Could someone please review?
> Should I merge all those patches into just one saying
> "Switch types should be unsigned..."?

No, small patches are much easier to review.
I think you could also split the patch in an idl change and a caller
change patch (and where needed a caller change for source3)

http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/kamenim.git/commitdiff/3ff0894329b9155222be4bb900ca4a98751d898b
        struct dom_sid null_sid;
-       int32_t level_out;
+       uint32_t level_out;
        struct {
                int32_t level;
        } array[] = {

int32_t level should also be uint32_t now.

However I'm not sure changing everything to uint32_t is correct?
What does the Microsoft say?

http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/kamenim.git/commitdiff/1eeedb1dc5b903180f5c3a6edd005aa252bfc432
                DRSUAPI_DC_CONNECTION_CTR_01 = -1
        } drsuapi_DsGetDCInfoCtrLevels;

-        typedef [switch_type(int32)] union {
+        typedef [switch_type(uint32)] union {

Shouldn't the be type be drsuapi_DsGetDCInfoCtrLevels here?
Also notice there's a signed value DRSUAPI_DC_CONNECTION_CTR_01 = -1

metze