Samba4 Alpha 11 - Join domain fails

markmak at csl1010.com markmak at csl1010.com
Thu Mar 4 18:51:29 MST 2010

Hi Andrew Bartlett,

In the existing Windows 2003 domain, the "msExchBridgeheadedLocalConnectorsDNBL" only have the single  value "CN=xxxxxxxxx,CN=Connections,......,DC=com".  The syntax is "Distinguished Name".

This is not duplicate value.  Thank for your help and support.

B/Rgds.,
Mark Mak

abartlet at samba.org wrote on Thu Mar 04 16:31:45 HKT 2010
On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 14:32 +0800, markmak at csl1010.com wrote:
> Hi Andrew Bartlett,
>
> I am not to try the GIT tree.  I just download the Samba4 Alpha 11 from samba FTP sites and compile.  I try to delete the sub-domain from the existing domain.  The old problem was gone.  But I create the new problem on the Join Windows 2003 domain.
>
> Partition[DC=xxxxxxx-xxx,DC=com] objects[20615] linked_values[8]
> Partition[DC=xxxxxxx-xxx,DC=com] objects[20748] linked_values[0]
> Partition[DC=xxxxxxx-xxx,DC=com] objects[20881] linked_values[9]
> Partition[DC=xxxxxxx-xxx,DC=com] objects[21006] linked_values[0]
> mark ROOTDSE with isSynchronized=TRUE
> Failed to prepare_commit vampire transaction: Failed to add backlink
> from CN=jxxxxxxxxxx,CN=Connections,CN=HKRG,CN=Routing Groups,
> CN=xxxxxx, CN=Administrative Groups, CN=xxxxxxx-xxx,CN=Microsoft
> Exchange, CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=xxxxxx-xxx,DC=com to
> CN=1,CN=SMTP,CN=Protocols,CN=XXXX,CN=Servers,CN=XXXXXX,CN=Administratrive Groups,CN=xxxxxxx-xxx,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=xxxxxxx-xxx,DC=com - SINGLE-VALUE attribute msExchBridgeheadedLocalConnectorsDNBL on CN-1, CN=SMTP, CN=Protocols,  CN=XXXX, CN=Servers, CN=XXXXXX, CN=Administratrive Groups, CN=xxxxxxx-xxx, CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC-xxxxxxx-xxx,DC=com specified more than once
> Vampire of domain failed: NT_STATUS_INTERNAL_DB_ERROR
> return code=-1
>
> I have the 2 sets of Exchanage 2003 servers in the Active Directory.
>
> How can I avoid this problem?
> > How can I avoid this problem?

So, the first thing you can do is see if there are two values in
msExchBridgeheadedLocalConnectorsDNBL on the DN it mentioned in your AD
domain.  (it's hard to tell exactly which is which with your censored
DNs).

We need to figure out if it's a bug that we are storing two values when
only one should be stored, or if AD is ignoring it's own 'single value'
constraints.

Thanks,

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.