bug in the S4 implementation of samr_enumdomaingroups ?

Matthieu Patou mat+Informatique.Samba at matws.net
Tue Mar 2 12:40:39 MST 2010

Hello,

I was looking at the SAMR specification for this function and it says:
"The *groupType* attribute value MUST be one of
GROUP_TYPE_SECURITY_UNIVERSAL or GROUP_TYPE_SECURITY_ACCOUNT." but the
code do:
         ldb_cnt = samdb_search_domain(d_state->sam_ctx, mem_ctx,
                                       d_state->domain_dn, &res, attrs,
                                       d_state->domain_sid,

"(&(grouptype=%d)(objectclass=group))",
                                       GTYPE_SECURITY_GLOBAL_GROUP);

If I'm not wrong GROUP_TYPE_SECURITY_UNIVERSAL = 0x80000008,
GROUP_TYPE_SECURITY_ACCOUNT=0x80000002 and GTYPE_SECURITY_GLOBAL_GROUP =
0x80000002

Matthieu.