group mapping in Samba3

simo idra at samba.org
Tue Mar 2 08:35:39 MST 2010

On Tue, 2010-03-02 at 16:29 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 10:07:12AM -0500, simo wrote:
> > I haven't done extensive performance tests, but if we still have a
> > performance problem with tdb we need to fix it there so that the cluster
> > version benefits from it too.
>
> We do have a problem: We traverse for numerous queries. This
> needs fixing. We get away with it right now because on
> member servers typically not very many group mappings exist.

This is my experience too, I've never found many mappings being used in
member servers. So it has always been more a theoretical issue than a
real deployment issue. Of course I bet someone out there will have the
one exception that makes this painful :)

> > I will work with CTDB people to find the right solution to this.
>
> The multi-index tdb will fix this both for the clustered and
> non-clustered case using transactions.

Right, this is what I was counting on.
A transaction to create a simple index to speed up just that nasty
lookup.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce