[Samba] [Announce] Samba 3.5.0 Available for Download

Christian PERRIER bubulle at debian.org
Mon Mar 1 23:54:36 MST 2010

Quoting Jeremy Allison (jra at samba.org):
> On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 08:53:26AM -0500, simo wrote:

> > > This one was hard.... Many thanks for enduring this :-)
> >
> > Yeah, many thanks to all that have been working so hard to get this one
> > out.
> >
> > Very well done!
> >
> > Everyone deserves to get out and celebrate the achievement.
> > This is one of the few times I regret we are so spread around the world,
> > nothing beats a small release party ... but I am sure we can do
> > something at SambaXP soon!
>
> Yes, this one needs a celebration :-). Well done Karolin for
> getting this one out.
>
> Let's have a big party @ SambaXP (yet another reason for people
> to go :-) :-).

If non Samba Team t-shirted folks are welcome, I'd be delighted to
join as well as probably other Debian maintainers (it seems that most
if not all of us will be there)....and we can guarantee that we have
some good experience in partying
(http://www.perrier.eu.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=57345 could be
seen as a proof...and
http://www.perrier.eu.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=57575 as a proof
that people who maintain samba in Debian can be really drunk, too)

Now, back to the preparation of the first .deb package of 3.5.0...