Problem with samba_dnsupdate

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Mar 1 02:39:20 MST 2010

On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 10:10 +0100, Anton Löthman wrote:
> When trying to run /usr/local/samba/sbin/samba_dnsupdate, i get the error
> http://pastebin.com/ne66LKCe
> Running a version of s4 i got last friday from rsync. On a centos 5.4 machine.

Drat.

It seems that CentOS 5.4 does not have the python module we require.
Have you searched to see if the module is available in a different
package?

I'm not sure what the best approach is here (we were trying to write
normal python scripts using the normal python modules) - you can use the
manual DNS zone file in the meantime.

Sorry,

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.