Corrupted GPO

George Lazar lazar.george at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 03:38:40 MDT 2010

Hi Wilco,

I'm using dsa.msc with GPMC from an Windows XP machine. Now the errors that
I have once I open GPMC:
"The system cannot open the device or file specified"

click ok and and under domain at Group Policy Objects I don't have any
policy anymore. If I want to create a new one I got:
"The specified server cannot perform the requested operation"
 and right after that:
"The directory service is unavailable"
 and then I have to reboot the server in order to be able to authenticate
against the LDAP.

Sometimes there is no necessary a reboot and I can see GPOs linked to the
OUs and are working but I can't create a new one and I don't see them
anymore on the GPO list.

I have tried to manually delete the folder with the last policy that I have
created but the situation is the same, even after a reboot.

I'm really desperate..

Thanks.