Upgrade provision error again

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Mon Jun 28 23:18:01 MDT 2010

"Rohit Rajan" <rohit.rajan at catalyst-us.com> wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>I have received the following error while upgrading from Version
>4.0.0alpha12-GIT-5c98ccd to Git Pull "1e8876a  master     -> origin/master"
>
>i'm running CentOS release 5.5 (Final) with Python 2.4.3
>
>#./scripting/bin/upgradeprovision --full -s /usr/local/samba/etc/smb.conf
>Creating a reference provision
>pdc_fsmo_init: no domain object present: (skip loading of domain details)
>
>naming_fsmo_init: no partitions dn present: (skip loading of naming
>contexts details)
>
>naming_fsmo_init: no partitions dn present: (skip loading of naming
>contexts details)
>
>naming_fsmo_init: no partitions dn present: (skip loading of naming
>contexts details)
>
>Copy privilege
>Update base samdb by searching difference with reference one
>Starting update of samdb
>There are 17 missing objects
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./scripting/bin/upgradeprovision", line 1456, in ?
>     schema):
>   File "./scripting/bin/upgradeprovision", line 1173, in update_samdb
>     schema, highestUSN)
>   File "./scripting/bin/upgradeprovision", line 963, in update_partition
>     add_missing_entries(ref_samdb, samdb, names, basedn, listMissing)
>   File "./scripting/bin/upgradeprovision", line 635, in add_missing_entries
>     hashMissing, index)
>   File "./scripting/bin/upgradeprovision", line 535, in add_missing_object
>     samdb.add(delta, ["relax:0"])
>_ldb.LdbError: (68, '../lib/ldb/ldb_tdb/ldb_index.c:1175: Failed to
>re-index objectSid in CN=DnsAdmins,CN=Users,DC=XXXX,DC=com -
>../lib/ldb/ldb_tdb/ldb_index.c:1107: unique index violation on objectSid
>in CN=DnsAdmins,CN=Users,DC=XXXX,DC=com')
Running upgrade provision after each git pull is not the best idea, you have to understand that someone has to follow and understand changes introduced by commits and update upgradeprovision accordingly.
As a rule of thumb I would recommend to run upgradeprovision only if a commuting on its code has been done.

Matthieu Patou
Samba team