Does anybody use idmap_adex?

Mon Jun 28 09:07:20 MDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 09:55:12AM -0500, Gerald Carter wrote:
> There's some confusion here.  The idmap_adex() doesn't have
> anything to do with Likewise Cells.  It's just an rfc2307
> idmap module with support for domain trusts.  The comments
> in the code are misleading only because it was derived from
> my original code at Likewise.

Part of what I want to test is possible changes to for
example the routine _nss_adex_get_info(). This has code like

{
        NTSTATUS nt_status;
        struct likewise_cell *cell;

        nt_status = _idmap_adex_init(NULL, NULL);
        if (!NT_STATUS_IS_OK(nt_status))
                return nt_status;

        if ((cell = cell_list_head()) == NULL) {
                return NT_STATUS_INVALID_SERVER_STATE;
        }

        return cell->provider->get_nss_info(sid, ctx, homedir,
                                            shell, gecos, p_gid);
}

which to me very much looks like having to do with Likewise
Cells. But I might be completely wrong, and that is part of
the problem: I do not fully understand the code in for
example provider_unified.c, and I am not intellectually
capable enough to fully understand it without running the
code at all.

I might be wrong here, but to me it looks like that
_idmap_adex_init calls cell_locate_membership. I am a bit
worried that I break something in that realm when making
changes to the cell->provider->get_nss_info call which seems
to call search_cell_list() for example. I would like to be
able to run that code and see how it behaves, not the least
to be able to understand what it actually does before making
changes.

Volker