Upgradeprovision error

Rohit Rajan rohit.rajan at catalyst-us.com
Wed Jun 23 21:55:04 MDT 2010

ok i have installed the python version 2.6 from geekmedia and now i have
both the python versions installed 2.4 and 2.6, how do i configure samba
to use python 2.6 and not 2.4, do i need to make changes the scripts in
/root/samba-master/source4/bin/python/samba to use 2.6 will that do??

Thanks
Rohit

On 6/23/2010 8:33 PM, Michael Wood wrote:
> On 23 June 2010 15:18, Matthieu Patou<mat at samba.org>  wrote:
>
>> On 23/06/2010 16:58, Michael Wood wrote:
>>

> [...]
>
>>> partition() appears to be new in version 2.5.
>>>
>>> http://docs.python.org/library/stdtypes.html#str.partition
>>>
>>> I think this would be more portable?
>>>
>>> (before, after) = str(db).split('=', 1)
>>>
>> Please, feel free to send me patches !
>>
> I can't test the patch because I don't have a version of Python older
> than 2.5, but I'll send the patch anyway.

This message may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. In case you are not the original intended recipient of the message, you must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message and you are requested to delete it and inform the sender.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender unless otherwise stated. Nothing contained in this message shall be construed as an offer or acceptance of any offer by "Catalyst Business Partners" or any of its subsidiaries unless sent with that express intent and with due authority of Catalyst Business Partners.

Catalyst Business Partners has taken sufficient measures and precautions to prevent the spread of viruses. However the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.