s3 member server to s4 kerberos trouble

Lukasz Zalewski lukas at dcs.qmul.ac.uk
Wed Jun 23 10:13:22 MDT 2010

On 06/21/2010 08:12 AM, Matthieu Patou wrote:

>>> I'll try to give a try ;-)
>>>
>> Did it help?
>>
> Didn't test it yet, sorry

Hi Andrew, Matthieu
Andrew i'm assuming this patch is already in the master.
s3 seems to be working correctly as a member to s4

I'm not sure if this is related but i have just noticed small oddity:
using latest master, on newly provsioned samba (without any members) it
seems like the default encryption type is ArcFour with HMAC/md5 - i.e.
for kinit Administrator at MYDOM

06/23/10 16:24:03  06/24/10 16:24:00  krbtgt/MYDOM at MYDOM
	Etype (skey, tkt): ArcFour with HMAC/md5, ArcFour with HMAC/md5

however on older provision (archived around 17.06.2010) the default
encryption type is (i guess the highest available)
06/23/10 16:38:32  06/24/10 16:38:28  krbtgt/MYDOM at MYDOM
	Etype (skey, tkt): AES-256 CTS mode with 96-bit SHA-1 HMAC, AES-256 CTS
mode with 96-bit SHA-1 HMAC

is it the case now that the enctypes are capped (up to or only to)
ArcFour with HMAC/md5?

Also machine account for s3 member is missing
msDS-SupportedEncryptionTypes - i guess this is is offered by the client
during domain join rahter than requested by s4

Regards

Luk