error adding members to group

Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer mdw at samba.org
Wed Jun 23 01:55:58 MDT 2010

Hi Hannu,

your problem is due to manually saved "parentGUID"s on SAM objects. I
think we used this technology some time ago as some sort of hack but in
reality (as it is on Windows Server) they should be autogenerated as it
is now.

So, please edit your database using "ldbedit" eg "ldbedit -H
/usr/local/samba/private/sam.ldb" and look for "parentGUID" attributes.
Delete all occourrences.

This should fix the problem.

Matthias