HDB_STRUCT_HAS_HDB_CHECK_S4U2SELF

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jun 22 23:03:51 MDT 2010

Jelmer,

I noticed (after much painful debugging of segfaults, because I hasn't
reconfigured) that you have added a check for hdb_check_s4u2self, in an
attempt to make Samba use the system Heimdal in debian.

I need you to remove this, as it isn't the correct fix.  The code to
handle the s4u2self was added because some clients don't work without
it, and falling back to the previous Heimdal behaviour is not enough.

If the version of Heimdal on debian isn't recent enough to have this or
other features we need, then we will need to use the internal Heimdal.

I'll be adding more new features to Heimdal soon, when I start on
support for read only DCs.  This will change the HDB API again.

I know it's a pain, but this is the only way we can get an AD compatible
KDC.