Use after talloc_free...

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Thu Jun 17 05:29:30 MDT 2010

ons 2009-11-11 klockan 22:38 -0500 skrev simo:

> What's wrong with "implicit" arg modifying ?

It's non-obvious to anyone (human or tool) auditing the code and not
knowing the special semantics of the macro.

This said we use the exact same construct in squid with a macro doing
implicit arg modifying on free, and in our auditing generally any direct
call not using the macro is considered suspect. I do not think anyone
working on the code have found this confusing even when we do not use
all capitals or other special form for the macro, safe_free(x).

Regards
Henrik