JCIFS API Issue

Marianna Dorokhina marianna at ricohcorp.com
Tue Jun 15 13:47:26 MDT 2010

Dear Samba.org Team!

We are experiencing a problem with JCIFS API when our folder structure
is set up with dual layer DFS. The API doesn't resolve the second layer
of linked references to a physical location (see example below). The
single layer DFS works fine and the target physical location is properly
resolved (see example below).

Please note our application is only expected to perform in MS Windows
environment.

Does the new version of JCIFS (jcifs-1.3.13) support dual layer DFS?

Or are there any plans to support that in the future versions?

Alternatively, if dual layer DFS support is not planned for JCIFS could
you recommend another reliable API?

Supported (Single Layer DFS)

DFS Root > DFSLink1 > TargetServer

\\domain.com\dfsroot\

        \\domain.com\dfsroot\dfslink1

                \\domain.com\dfsroot\dfslink1\fileserver

Not Supported (Dual Layer DFS)

DFS Root > DFSLink3 > DFSLink1 > TargetServer

\\domain.com\dfsroot\

        \\domain.com\dfsroot\dfslink3

                \\domain.com\dfsroot\dfslink1

                        \\domain.com\dfsroot\dfslink1\fileserver

Best Regards,

Marianna Dorokhina

RICOH|Solutions Engineering Group

19 Chapin Rd |P.O. Box 2008|Pine Brook, NJ 07058-2008

*Tel:973.882.58.60 |*Fax:973.439.77.57

*mailto:marianna at ricohcorp.com <mailto:marianna at ricohcorp.com>