samba with kerberos

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jun 14 16:42:10 MDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-14 at 05:58 -0700, Thiago Gonzaga B. Galvão wrote:
> Hi guys,
> Could you help one more time?
> As I said before, I have samba integrated with LDAP...
> Then, to implement a single sign-on mecanism several people told me to use Kerberos...
> So, I have another doubt...
> What should I do first, integrate Ldap with Kerberosand then integrate with samba?
> And, what's the best Kerberos's implementation should I use? Heimdal or MIT Kerberos?

If you want a Kerberos-enabled Samba domain, then use Samba4.

It's not integrated with LDAP, so it may not suit your situation, but is
the only way to have Kerberos work for Windows clients.

If you don't care about Windows clients, there are other tricks you can
use to share passwords between Samba and a Heimdal KDC, but if you don't
care about Windows clients, why are you using a Samba domain? :-)