upgradeprovision wip

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sat Jun 12 11:41:59 MDT 2010

"Andrew Bartlett" <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:

>On Thu, 2010-06-10 at 02:03 +0400, Matthieu Patou wrote:
>> Hello Andrew & Jelmer,
>> I finally finished chuncking the whole thing.
>> I push bits of reformatting up and down when possible to ship them with 
>> patches that were modifying the same stuff (so that the patch appear to 
>> modify the logic _and_ in the same time put it in quite correct format).
>> I normaly addressed all "%", ",", "\" (well most of them let say) in the 
>> different patches + last remarks of jelmer yesterday.
>> I think now that some intermediate patches can be remerged.
>> For the moment I didn't rerun make tests, and it's possible that some 
>> regression have been done because the code has been heavily manipulated.
>> I'll try to do it soon. In the meanwhile please do remarks.
>Please do whatever testing you can, as I think that this is almost ready
>to go in, as long as Jelmer is OK with that (or is happy to work with
>you to fix any remaining issues after it's in). 
>The only style point you have missed is that + should, like % be given a
>space on each side:
> message(GUESS, "rootdn      :"+str(names.rootdn))
>should be
> message(GUESS, "rootdn      :" + str(names.

Ok good i'll search for such construction I guess it's pretty rare.

Hopefully the rework didn't broke much and pb were easily caught by unit tests. I must finish tests with alpha 8 to 11.
At thiso moment I'll remerge the intermediate cosmetic patches. Please do any comments _before_.

Also concerning the msds-keyversionnumbet i'll go with the solution proposed by metze: one control to allow replmetadata to be specified. It also mean that we will need a control for bypassing operational module in order to read old msds-keyversionnumber.


Matthieu Patou
Samba team

More information about the samba-technical mailing list