[SCM] Samba Shared Repository - branch master updated

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Jun 9 18:28:39 MDT 2010

On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 08:21:34PM -0400, simo wrote:

> The semantics of this allow_smb2 flag are becoming bizarre, are you sure
> you don't want to use a separate variable ?
>
> As far as I can understand allow_smb2 is true as soon as someone sets
> max protocol = smb2, so this means you are disabling SMB1 keep alives
> also on SMB1 connections just because the server supports SMB2 ?

allow_smb2 is true as soon as someone connects with SMB2, not
just because "max protocol = smb2". So the variable is badly
named (hey, blame metze :-) - it really means "active_smb2_connection".

And once you have an active SMB2 connection you need to disable
all SMB1 specific features like this.

Jeremy.