Resync of msDs-KeyVersionNumber

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sun Jun 6 14:23:51 MDT 2010

Hello Stefan and Andrew,

I've been doing some tests and writting some code for doing this.
So far It's quite ok (although I have to trick the password_hash module
to let it me set hash passwords while waiting for a control exposed to
ldb to appear), but I discovered this small problem: modifying the samdb
with the same hash didn't cause an update of the version.
So I have to set another password then the password the user/computer
has before.

But doing so means that I'm not able to fix version where the delta
between the stored version of msDs-KeyVersionNumber and the version
field of the unicodePwd attribute in replPropertyMetaData is 1.

Any suggestion, maybe the change old password control ?

Cheers.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou