removing previously stored generated attributes

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sat Jun 5 01:37:24 MDT 2010

Hi Simo,

On 05/06/2010 07:16, simo wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-06-05 at 09:49 +1000, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
>
>> A custom control to stop this behaviour in the operational module
>> would
>> seem to be the right thing.
>>
> We should probably implement and use the ManageDsaIT control for this
> (see RFC 3296), not invent a custom control.
> This control is explicitly built to "manage" attributes that you would
> normally not be able to manipulate
It turns out that we have already this control called relax that is
described in
https://opends.dev.java.net/public/standards/draft-zeilenga-ldap-managedit.txt
It is called also relax in openldap but its more formal name should be
ManageDIT.

Although I'm not against to separate things in different controls other
we will end at having the relax control to be used to do the coffee
soon, I think the naming can be a bit misleading.

Any thoughts ?

--
Matthieu Patou
Samba Team        http://samba.org