ctdb with Infiniband

ronnie sahlberg ronniesahlberg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 05:18:35 MDT 2010

Hi,

The bad news is that the infiniband support has experienced bit-rot
and is not maintained. So you can not use it. You have to use TCP
today.

The good news is that we managed to get the ctdb protocol reasonably
fast and non-chatty   so there is no real need for the low-latency
infiniband transport for the inter-ctdb communications.

Basically, the ctdb protocol is fast enough with GbE (or 10GbE) and
TCP that the cifs serving bottlenecks lies elsewhere.

regards
ronnie sahlberg