[Samba] Is possible to use samba4 and openldap without ldapi?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Jul 27 03:22:05 MDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 09:58 +0200, Michael Wood wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 27 July 2010 08:22, Alejandro Escanero Blanco
> <alejandro.escanero.ext at juntadeandalucia.es> wrote:
> > I want to use samba4 in a openldap multimaster enviroment, but my tests are
> > going bad, this are the problems:
>
> You might have more luck with your Samba4+OpenLDAP questions on the
> samba-technical list.
>
> > - Provision is broken for openldap: NotImplementedError: <bound method
> > OpenLDAPBackend.post_setup of <samba.provisionbackend.OpenLDAPBackend object
> > at 0xb626194c>

For various reasons, the OpenLDAP backend for Samba4 is not functional
at this time.  A fix for this particular error is in my git repo, in the
openldap-config branch, but this isn't enough, we have a serious issue
with the dereference control that I have not yet debugged.

http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=abartlet/samba.git/.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/openldap-config
(if someone wants to push those patches I'm fine with that, but we still
have a long way to go to resolve the other issues)

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.