[Release Planning 3.6] Delaying 3.6.0pre1?

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Tue Jul 27 01:44:26 MDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 09:33:10AM +0200, Karolin Seeger wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 06:17:48PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > It's a fair cop... I'll try and get my release notes to you
> > by the end of this week.
>
> is there a chance to get a summary of the SMB2 changes today?

Quick summary:

SMB2 support in 3.6.0 is fully functional (with one ommission),
and can  be enabled by setting:

max protocol = SMB2

in the [global] section of your smb.conf and re-starting
Samba. All features should work over SMB2 except the modification
of user quotas using the Windows quota management tools.

As this is the first release containing what we consider
to be a fully featured SMB2 protocol, we are not enabling
this by default, but encourage users to enable SMB2 and
test it. Once we have enough confirmation from Samba
users and OEM's that SMB2 support is stable in wide user
testing we will enable SMB2 by default in a future Samba
releas.

> Btw, are the vfs_acl modules stable in 3.6?

That's the plan :-)

Jeremy.