[Fwd: Samba servers and Mac Finder - minimum file size 1Mb]

Christopher R. Hertel crh at ubiqx.mn.org
Mon Jul 19 19:45:34 MDT 2010

Quick question (for the Apple folk, primarily):  If the message copied below
is correct, the Macintosh Finder reports the allocated rather than the
actual size of files on an SMB share.  Is that intentional?

Just curious.

The message is from one of the administrator mailing lists at the University
at which I used to work.

Chris -)-----