Reloading the full schema in upgradeprovision

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jul 15 15:29:22 MDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-16 at 00:06 +0400, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> Any news on this ?

I've spent quite a bit of time to get it to pass make test.  It has been
quite a saga.

I've needed to work to make the blackbox.net and blackbox.kinit tests
more robust (how they ever worked at all is a mystery to me) and to
resolve bugs that upgradeprovision showed up in our keytab handling.

These blackbox tests now run in the dc:local environment, not dc, so
that they use the smb.conf file for the dc.  This means they have the
local realm set correctly for the different test realms (such a
samba2000.example.com)

We had issues with the changing of the machine account password as well
- by changing the password, we invoked in Samba4 the same bug that you
spent so long chasing down in Samba3 - that old Kerberos tickets were
not valid.

I've now fixed the handling of this in provision.py, so that we invoke
the code that saves, rather than deletes, the old password in the
keytab.  This required fixes to the memory handling in pyldb, as one
part of this code had never been seriously used before.

I also changed your test_chgdcpass.sh test to confirm the continuing
acceptability of the old ticket.

I'm now running make test again, and I hope it might finally pass 'make
test' for me.

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.