Does Samba support Digital Encryption yet?

s830632 katrinka.hudgins at lmco.com
Tue Jul 13 13:18:14 MDT 2010

Hello all!

I've been googling this for a while and I keep running into answers that
indicate that back in 2004 and forward, Samba did not support Digital
encryption via a Windows domain controller.  I'm wondering if that was ever
fixed, and if so, what is the fix.

Basically, our security department has implemented the following domain
policy on our Windows 2003 domain controller:

Domain Member: Digitally encrypt or sign secure channel data (always)

Now I can join the domain but I cannot access any of the shares from my
RHEL5 server.  I cannot disable this setting on the Windows server so I'm
hoping there's a way to work around this on the Samba end.  I have loaded
the latest stable release of Samba (3.5).

Thank you!