[Release Planning 3.6] Delaying 3.6.0pre1?

Guenther Deschner gd at samba.org
Tue Jul 13 08:33:33 MDT 2010

Hi Karolin,

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 09:33:27AM +0200, Karolin Seeger wrote:
> Hey folks,
> I was asked to delay Samba 3.6.0pre1 for ~1 week, because of some missing new
> features (still waiting for a mail listing the features).

Yes, we are working on merging in Andreas spoolss branch (under review for
a longer time) and I thought it would be easier to handle that patchset if
we can still just push to master and then branch of 3-6 once we're done.
(Andreas branch is this one:

Beside that there are other areas of code which we work hard on
stabilizing again (winbind and dcerpc infrastructure).

> Furthermore, I am still waiting for any hints regarding the release notes.
> So, are the any votes on shipping Samba 3.6.0pre1 in two days or on
> delaying it for one or two week(s)?

If we can delay it in order to make these larger changes easier to handle,
then please lets delay. If not or if it makes things more difficult for
you, then just cut the 3-6-test branch and we will make sure to push into
that branch as well of course. As you like, you are the manager here :)


Günther Deschner                    GPG-ID: 8EE11688
Red Hat                         gdeschner at redhat.com
Samba Team                              gd at samba.org
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba-technical/attachments/20100713/92f9f011/attachment.pgp>

More information about the samba-technical mailing list