Validation on upgradeprovision patches needed

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Jul 12 16:41:16 MDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-07-13 at 01:16 +0400, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> Hello Andrews,
>
> As metze and Jelmer are on vacation,
> can one of you had final look on
> http://git.samba.org/?p=mat/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/upgradeprovision-review
> and push it if it's ok.
>
> I normally addressed the remarks of Matthias and those made by metze on IRC.

These look good, but I hope you won't mind if make some comments:

In s4 dsdb: Use the changereplmetadata control
http://git.samba.org/?p=mat/samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=351ecebb1b294012bc311ff9b38e24a2b6cb77e0

You do a check for
+               objectclass_el = ldb_msg_find_element(res->msgs[0], "objectClass");
+               if (is_urgent && replmd_check_urgent_objectclass(objectclass_el,
+                                                               situation)) {
+                       *is_urgent = true;
+               }

In both arms of the if (rmd_is_provided) statement.

But in any case, if we are offline doing an upgradeprovision, then it
isn't urgent to replicate anything.

In s4 upgradeprovision: do not copy RID Set it's automaticaly created by
the RID manager
http://git.samba.org/?p=mat/samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=48773341a19e94ac116bc2aa5327d595c48c4212
+    try:
+        if str(reference[0].get("cn"))  == "RID Set":
+            skip = True

Is this the best way to identify the RID Set?

Anyway, you have come a very long way on these patches, and I think that
with these small issues addressed, they look good to go in.  The
upgradeprovision work is really, really important, and I really
appreciate the effort you keep putting into it.

Thanks,

Samba Developer, Cisco Inc.