Reloading the full schema in upgradeprovision

Matthieu Patou mat at samba.org
Sun Jul 11 06:07:09 MDT 2010

  Andrew, Metze and others,

Can you give me your point of view on a solution like this to allow
upgradeprovision to reload the full schema (mdw thank you not to point
any formatting pbs as this code is a poc and I am waiting for technical
remarks).

We need to reload the full schema because depending how old is your
provision you do not have all the schema elements in it, so we start
with an external schema (as it is done in provision). This works great
but then due to schema enforcement that appeared lately we will face
situation when an object modified, that has an attribute defined only in
the schema of the updated provision (ie. think of an upgraded provision
with openchange schema ...), will not be allowed to be modified because
it violate the schema.

The idea of this patch is to wait until upgradeprovision has added the
missing schema elements, then force a reload of the full schema that
contains existing classes and attributes (and potentially the ones added
by the user) and also the missing one brought by the update.

So can you have a look at the patch, I don't like much the way the
prefixMap is done, but fetching the one from the provision schema gives
me a blob and I'm not sure I can unpack it in a  drsblobs.prefixMapBlob
and then get the list of oid (or maybe with drsuapi_MSPrefixMap_Ctr).

Cheers.

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Patou