LDB hidden memory leaks

Stefan (metze) Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Sat Jul 10 02:16:31 MDT 2010

Hi Kamen,

> I think I am done with ldb refactoring for now
> (at least, we should get a lot less leaked ldb_msg objects during
> provisioning)
>
> I will appreciate if you find some spare time to review my branch at:
> http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=kamenim/samba.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/ldb-mem-fix

Regarding the reformating:
I'd like to push this patch
http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=metze/samba/wip.git;a=commitdiff;h=464ea4c0ac1318287bcf3985efeae34c3ed8b521
which explains good and bad comment example.

It would be nice if you could push this for me, if nobody complains.
The reformat in the explained style.

The way you added this:

+#ifndef _DEPRECATED_
+#define _DEPRECATED_   __attribute__ ((deprecated))
+#endif

is not portable, not every compiler supports this.

The correct definition already comes from replace.h.
So ldb.h only needs this:

+#ifndef _DEPRECATED_
+#define _DEPRECATED_
+#endif

I'm wondering if ldb_msg_canonicalize[_ex] should take care of the
element type,
only elements  of the same type should be combined. (But that can be an
additional patch)

I haven't look at the other changes in detail...,

metze