Extended request in kludge acl

Matthias Dieter Wallnöfer mdw at samba.org
Thu Jul 8 00:12:28 MDT 2010

Hi abartlet,

I would also like to change the actual SAMR behaviour of password
changes in order that the users run the change operation which their own
rights (therefore I proposed also this "weird" ACL module patch -
http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/mdw.git/commitdiff/1ff314f77b18addccbe09805f15ae386d64f35e4).
To get the old password we do still need SYSTEM rights but then we
immediately switch to a SAMDB with user credentials:
http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/mdw.git/commitdiff/d62cffa561810804ee9173947196bc23f7ec2a0d

I hope you are fine with this since for example it allows us to
deactivate password changes (in AD this is done using these ACL
permission flags implemented by Nadya). If we do perform the change as
SYSTEM then this is never inherited.

Matthias