ABI stability of internal DBs

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Wed Jul 7 10:10:00 MDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 07, 2010 at 08:08:55AM -0400, simo wrote:

> FWIW this goes way beyond what I proposed. I proposed only that 3.5.1 be
> compatible , in the cluster case, with 3.5.X.
>
> I think it is ok to ask the cluter to be shut down and restarted if you
> go 3.6.x

This I think is perfectly reasonable, and is the
level of stability we (unofficially) strive for
today, and doesn't add any extra burdon to our
testing resources.

Thanks Simo - I think this is a very reasonable
proposal and I'd like to standardize on this
level of "stability" so long as everyone else
agrees. Votes ?

Jeremy.