smbusers can't be seen

murat can tuna muratcantuna at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 6 12:42:06 MDT 2010

	  Hi all,

I have two computers, one is fedora and the other is ubuntu on which samba 3.4.0 is installed at both of them. And from fedora I have mount /home directory of ubuntu with cifs. Everything works fine so far at least I couldn't find out any problem
then I have created a samba user "smbpasswd -a mrtcn" on ubuntu. But I can't reach this user from fedora. Fedora doesn't see the users, have been created on ubuntu.

This is smb.conf on ubuntu:
[global]
    server string = %h server (Samba, Ubuntu)
    map to guest = Bad User
    passwd program = /usr/bin/smbpasswd %u
    passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
    syslog = 0
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    max log size = 1000
    add user script = /usr/sbin/adduser --quiet --disabled-password --gecos "" %u
    add group script = /usr/sbin/addgroup --force-badname %g
    add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -g machines -c "%u machine account" -d /var/lib/samba -s /bin/false %u
    dns proxy = No
    usershare allow guests = Yes

[homes]
    comment = Home Directories