ldap and active directory configuration

Scott Grizzard scott at scottgrizzard.com
Thu Jul 1 06:09:20 MDT 2010

Google

On Jul 1, 2010 6:35 AM, "Malcolm Bodger" <M.Bodger at westminster.ac.uk> wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to this list, so this is my first email.

I've installed Samba on a Ubuntu server and I want to share a file system,
but I don't want the filesystem to be public, I need users to authenticate
to access the shared file system.

My Ubuntu server is configured to accept user logins authenticating to our
LDAP server, so I thought this would be easy - how wrong can one be.
So, can anyone tell me how to get samba to authenticate users to ldap,
without making changes to the ldap server?

Or, would it be easier to user Active Directory?

Thanks,
Malcolm.

This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above named only and
may be confidential. If they have come to you in error you must not copy or
show them to anyone, nor should you take any action based on them, other
than to notify the error by replying to the sender.

--
The University of Westminster is a charity and a company limited by
guarantee.  Registration number: 977818 England.  Registered Office: