SMB2 protocol in 3.5.2 Tests

MICHAEL BROWN mbrown at mesainc.com
Fri Jan 29 11:39:51 MST 2010

Greetings all,
I have a question with the "test" SMB2 protocol.  3.5.2 is joined to a 2008 R2 domain.  On a
Windows 7 (32 bit) machine, I can authenticate, list, and view documents (it is slow) but I can't:

*) View document permissions on the 3.5.2 share
*) Copy files from the 3.5.2 share to the Windows 7 machine.

When enabling the SMB2 switch in smb.conf,
should copying files to Windows 7 using SMB2 work at this time and should browsing be
really slow, as well as not seeing the file/folder permissions on the server?
If I disable the SMB2 protocol, it works fine.

Thanks!!

NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.