Using s3's winbind into s4

Matthieu Patou mat+Informatique.Samba at matws.net
Mon Jan 25 14:51:29 MST 2010

Hello all

today I discovered that libnss_winbind has some problem with s4's
winbind, namely getent passwd didn't return users of the domain, getent
group neither. A closer look at the code allow to understand that for
the password entries the problems lies in the fact that we do not handle
the case more_entries and for the group well it seems that we just have
the skeleton for the calls.
I talked with kai and he seems not very enclined to work more on s4's
winbind as he feels now OK with s3's winbind code and he suggested that
s4 should use this code as well.

The questions are:

* is it in the vision for s4 ?
* if so how should it be ? a separated process (a la samba3), a
separated thread ?
* how to include this in the current build system ?

Cheers.

Matthieu.