[Release Planning 3.5] Delaying 3.5.0rc2?

Kai Blin kai at samba.org
Mon Jan 25 07:29:44 MST 2010

On Monday 25 January 2010 15:16:58 Karolin Seeger wrote:
> Hey folks,
> currently, there are two blockers for 3.5.0rc2:
> -https://bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6583
> (Samba server ignores FILE_OPEN_FOR_BACKUP_INTENT)
> -https://bugzilla.samba.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6787
> (can't mount cifs w/ntlmv2 from sparc linux client)
> Samba 3.5.0rc2 is scheduled for tomorrow. Should we ship the second
> release candidate with these blockers or delay the release?
> Please note that we already are behind our usual schedule for 3.5.0.

From an initial glance at these bugs, they're no regression bugs. I think they 
can wait for a later release in that case. If we keep adding new features as 
blocker bugs, we might as well drop the regular release schedule and go back 
to our old "let's release whenever a bugzilla search for blocker bugs comes 
up empty" policy.

I'd say go for the 3.5.0rc2 release tomorrow.


Kai Blin
WorldForge developer  http://www.worldforge.org/
Wine developer        http://wiki.winehq.org/KaiBlin
Samba team member     http://www.samba.org/samba/team/
Will code for cotton.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
URL: <http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba-technical/attachments/20100125/213769a3/attachment.pgp>

More information about the samba-technical mailing list