Enable ccache use in libsmbclient by default?

simo idra at samba.org
Sun Jan 24 18:13:26 MST 2010

On Sun, 2010-01-24 at 23:15 +0100, Volker Lendecke wrote:
> Hi!
>
> With 4eb1523d87 (and the preceding commits) libsmbclient now
> has the ability to use the winbind ccache for ntlmssp
> authentications. Right now this must be activated with
> smbc_setOptionUseCCache, so applications not aware of it
> will not benefit from it.
>
> I would like to enable this by default, I think this can be
> pretty handy. But that is a change in behaviour.
>
> Any objections?

I don't have any real objection, but I would like to know if you foresee
any side effects that a user may experience because of the change ?
Also because older applications will not be aware of this I think we
need to provide a way to disable it from outside the application.
Either through an environment variable or an option in smb.conf ?

Also I assume that if winbindd is not running or the winbindd pipe is
not accessible that the old behavior is used as a fallback ?

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce