Talloc memory overhead vs malloc

John Carter john.carter at tait.co.nz
Sun Jan 24 16:11:50 MST 2010

Whilst the talloc doc speaks of a 4% performance penalty compared to
malloc (something I find quite acceptable)...

I'd like to use talloc in a _very_ resource constrained
environment. Hence two questions...

  * What is the memory overhead per allocation compared to malloc?

  * Could I tweak it to use less, for example lose the filename/line
    number information (and use something like
    __builtin_return_address() instead)

Thanks!

PO Box 1645 Christchurch                Email : john.carter at tait.co.nz
New Zealand