SMBC_parse_path doesn't seem to handle special characters

Sat Jan 23 04:31:46 MST 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 05:30:09PM -0600, Eduardo Kienetz wrote:
> Everything was just perfect on my tests, until my boss took my code to
> put in the production server. He tested and it wouldn't work, which we
> soon figured to be due to his password containing a special character
> (in this case a slash /).

While your patch does solve a problem, and we probably have
to solve this, putting the password into the url is from my
point of view almost never a good idea. The libsmbclient-php
declares some smbclient_auth_func. I could not see the
definition of that function, but that is the recommended way
to catch the password.

How is that supposed to work in libsmbclient-php?

Volker