Q re POSIX->NT->POSIX error mapping

Wed Jan 20 04:35:16 MST 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 04:28:10PM -0500, Green, Paul wrote:
> O6. As of 2009-07-14, Samba maps ENOSYS to NT_STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED. See
> http://gitweb.samba.org/?p=samba.git;a=commitdiff;h=fafe2589e684e1946431
> 722c8845d0dadd9ab525 by Metze.  As far as I can tell, this NT error
> won't produce the EOPNOTSUPP error on the POSIX end of things, and so
> this case will still fail.

        { ENOSYS, ERRDOS, ERRunsup, NT_STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED },

in unix_dos_nt_errmap seems the right thing to do, as it is
done right now in master and earlier versions. What do you
mean by "won't produce the EOPNOTSUPP error on the POSIX end
of things", does cifsfs not map this back to ENOSYS or
NOTSUPP (whatever link(2) is allowed to return)?

Volker