Decoding Schema:prefixMap attribute on Windows AD

Kamen Mazdrashki kamen.mazdrashki at postpath.com
Tue Jan 19 15:00:54 MST 2010

Hi Andrew,

Here is an implementation for dumping Schema:prefixMap attribute value
that is visible on Schema partition on Windows AD
http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/kamenim.git/shortlog/refs/heads/ms-prefixMap
(as usual, everything after “ECLIPSE  … project”)
I’ve tested it against w2k3-r2 and w2k8-r2 and it works as Obaid had posted in doc-help
mailing list – i.e. keeping all prefixes except the one that come from the initial prefixMap.

The last commit (8fe5c0f158630fe3eae44c296200e180603c09a7 <http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/kamenim.git/commitdiff/8fe5c0f158630fe3eae44c296200e180603c09a7> ) implements a function
to distinguish S4 AD from Windows AD.
I intend to use this function in ldif_write_prefixMap() instead of current “probing” approach
(commit: c345a3fcc3efc7a9e30a3eceb979d0567846b65c <http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/kamenim.git/commitdiff/c345a3fcc3efc7a9e30a3eceb979d0567846b65c> )
Unfortunately there is a bug currently in ldb_ildap module that leads to a SEGFAULT
when a nested LDAP search is executed during LDAP_SEARCH_RESULT event handling.
(I will try to propose a fix for this as soon as I can)

CU,
Kamen Mazdrashki
kamen.mazdrashki at postpath.com
http://repo.or.cz/w/Samba/kamenim.git