[NT ACLS] Using the security.* namespace for NTACL considered improper

Tue Jan 19 13:18:34 MST 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 12:10:19PM -0800, Jeremy Allison wrote:
> > I think we should comply, and start moving NTACL to from security.NTACL
> > to trusted.NTACL as soon as possible, before it get widely used.
> >
> > What do you think ?
>
> Raise a "blocker" bug in 3.5.0 to make sure we don't
> ship a production release with this. Once we've shipped
> there's no going back.
>
> I'll make the change to "trusted.*" in the code, and
> attach the change to the bug.

We'll have to pull back all 3.3 and 3.4 installations as
well.

Why not leave it as it is. How likely is it that a Linux(!)
kernel module conflicts with a name NTACL, except for the
very purpose to interoperate with Samba?

Volker