GUI installation wrapper - samba4 / openchange

Nazeem durgaheen0 at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Jan 18 16:03:26 MST 2010

Bugzilla from bradh at frogmouth.net wrote:

> In the interest of trying to make it easier to provision the samba4 and
> openchange servers, I've knocked up a GUI (using PyQt4), based on the sort
> of
> capabilities that dcpromo provides. It can currently get enough
> information to
> set up a samba4 domain controller. It gets the information required to set
> up
> openchange and configure users as well, but doesn't do that yet.
>
> You can grab the tarball (20kbytes) from:
> http://www.frogmouth.net/samba-oc-setup.tar.gz
> (run make before starting the tool)
>
> I'd appreciate any feedback on this. Should we ship it with openchange?
> Is
> the logic correct? Are there other roles that we can configure?
>
> In terms of implementation:
> 1. is there a way to set the admin username with the samba provision code?
> 2. looks like we'd need to install the openchange python provision code.
> 3. lack of progress reporting is a problem that I'm not yet able to
> resolve.
>
> Brad

I think u should add dns configuration into it as well and u need to
communicate with the samba4 team and the openchange team to get more
information on it as there are scripts already design to do these
configuration maybe you can link your scripts to the scripts already
provided but to get a details analysis of it u need to communicate with he
samba4 team and openchange team. I think what u r trying to do is great.
Furthermore when I run make I am getting an error pyuic4: Command not found
make: *** [ui_intropage.py] Error 127 and that on ubuntu 9.10