duplicates in net functions

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Mon Jan 11 13:03:49 MST 2010

Hi Matthieu,

On Sat, 2010-01-09 at 18:46 +0300, Matthieu Patou wrote:
> Following your integration of the python implementation of some net
> function it comes clear to me that some functions are duplicated.
>
> ie. net user add and net newuser or net password and net setpassword
>
> Also it might be interesting to consolidate functions, ie net setexpiry
> can be merged in net user setexpiry. The same maybe for net enableaccount.
Yeah, I agree we should work to remove the duplicates. I'll happily
review any patches that improve the current situation. Personally, I
don't have any preferences as to whether to keep the C or Python
versions of the commands, as long as we preserve all the functionality
that is currently available.

Cheers,

jelmer